THE CONSTITUTION OF SADD SASKATCHEWAN INC
- The Board of Directors or the Board of Representatives may call a General Meeting of the SADD membership, at any time, by a simple resolution.
- A petition signed by fifty (50) or more SADD members requesting a General Meeting be called requires either the Directors and/or Representatives to pass a resolution calling for a General Meeting.
- All SADD members must be informed in writing of a general meeting at least thirty (30) days prior to the date of the meeting. The notice must include time, date, and location.
- There must be at least one (1) General membership meeting each year. One of these of �the� meeting is designated as the Annual General Meeting. This meeting must take place before November 30 each year.
- The business at the Annual General Meeting must include:
- A financial report including a review of the annual audit and budget.
- Reports from the Board of Directors and the Board of Representatives.
- A General Meeting shall have the power to:
- Pass, amend, with a resolution, passed by a simple majority, any bylaw.
- Revise with a resolution, passed by a simple majority, any part of the SADD annual budget.
- Providing the officer involved has been informed at least thirty (30) days in advance, and notice this resolution will come up at the meeting is provided to all SADD members thirty (30) days in advance: Then a General Meeting can pass a resolution with a two thirds (2/3) majority to remove any Director, or Representative, from his/her position.
- The Board of Directors must hold a minimum of three (3) meetings a year. Normally this would be once every four(4) months.
- Additional meetings may be called by any Director at the discretion of the President or if three (3) or more Directors deem it necessary. All Directors must be notified of the meeting.
Board Of Representative Meetings
- The Board of Representatives will meet at least three (3) times a year on dates selected by the Board at its regular meetings. The Board of Representatives may not go more than three (3) months without a meeting.
- Additional meetings may be called at the discretion of the President or if three (3) or more Representatives deem it necessary. All Representatives must be notified of the meeting.
Rules Of Order
At all SADD meetings the latest revised edition of Robert�s Rules of Order shall be observed.
- Quorum for a General Meeting shall be the greater of twenty per cent (20%) of event delegates OR fifty (50) people.
- Quorum for a Board of Director Meeting shall be 60% of the Provincial Executive and Student Director and at least one (1) Community Director.
- Quorum for a Board of Representatives Meeting will be at least fifty per cent (50%) of the student members and at least one (1) Adult Advisor.
Select Another Article To View
You can download a PDF copy of the constitution for your own reference here.